Sunday, May 13, 2007

Karma

The fact that I did next to nothing last week had to have been Karma, since I really, really wanted to get out and do SOMETHING! Anything would have been great - on the one semi-clear day we had, I got a short 1,500 yd swim in, and that was it. Was someone trying to tell me to take a week off? Possibly.

This smoke has been here all week. Some have said being out in it for one hour is like smoking a pack of cigs. "Stay inside" they say.

I'm well rested, that's for sure. Tomorrow starts my second attempt to seek swimming help from a coach in the form of a Master's Swim Class. The local swim coach for the Brandon Blue Wave swim team is on hand for coaching the Masters Class - Mio Vasic - and when I went for my first 3 free sessions, months and months ago, he was great. I'm looking forward to committing myself to the swim program now - mornings daily from 5am - 7am.

Alcatraz is on the horizon now - with some 'binos I can see it pretty clearly. It's hard not to get anxious about this race - I'm really more excited to be able to take part in it than anxious about the challenge of it. I'll plod through it, like I always seem to do.

Hey! Awesome weekend coming up! Luke, Excel-man, and Lil' Clyde from up near Detroit will be here for the Mad Beach Sprint Triathlon! Lil Clyde is racing his first Triathlon ever - so we are all pretty excited about that (that's him to the left - he's under Clyde weight - that's why we call him Lil'). This race competes directly with the Florida 70.3 at Disney this weekend, so the crowd may be a little thin - or at least lacking the usual suspects. Most important - still has the beer truck. After that - foo-foo drinks across the street on the deck. Race finish time? Who cares (wink, wink), right (although I'm sensing some sort of sprint PR in my future...)?
Have a great race weekend everyone - seems like this is that awesome time of year of travel, sweat and brotherhood! Enjoy!

7 comments:

S. Baboo said...

Alcatraz...I keep thinking about you getting to do Alcatraz you lucky dog! I have to enter that lottery.

Oly said...

Run for the beer! That what I do.

Good luck to lil clyde.

Anonymous said...

Clyde appears to be of completely normal size to me. Perhaps he should be called Normal Clyde. Anyway, look forward to meeting Normal Clyde. While scanning for beer truck updates we might not have noticed that the bike is 1.5 miles longer than last year (15 mi vs 13.5). That puts the beer about 4 minutes further away. :-(

Iron Pol said...

My mom lives in LeCanto and has to wear masks for her daily walks. Some days, she's had to skip them, altogether.

TJ said...

good luck with the swim coaching and with your race this weekend.

momo said...

alcatraz should be amazing, i can't wait to read your race report from that one! when i was in san fran a few months back, we crossed the bridge and looked out at alcatraz and i got goose bumps. you're going to have a blast!

ShirleyPerly said...

I HATE SMOKE. I should have stayed indoors when it was around last week ...

But it should only be foggy in S.F. Don't forget your wetsuit!