Sunday, January 09, 2011

2011 is here!

Wow - it's been since October since I wrote last.  Sorry, my one remaining reader.  All I can say, is that the Bigun is back!  I'm actually signed up for an Ironman race this year, and an early season "A race".  I'm running, and getting ready for a half marathon in 2 months.  Life is a lot better this year.

Yea, we sorta got kicked in the nuts last year.  Di and I both are glad to have all "that" behind us, and looking undistracted to the future.  Work, for both of us, looks surprisingly optimistic - we just might be starting to get control of our lives again!

So for 2011, if I can get this straight:

Gasparilla Half Marathon, Febuary 27
Gator Half Iron Tri, March 10 20th
Strawberry Century, March 27
St. Anthony's Olympic Tri, May 1
Mad Beach Sprint Tri, May 20
Florida Challenge Half Iron Tri, June 12
Morton Plant Meese Sprint Tri, June 26
Sand Key Sprint Tri, Sept.
Great Floridian Aquabike (Iron Distance), October 22
Ironman Arizona!  Nov 20

There's a great little monthly Time Trial Series at Ft. Desoto that I'll be trying to do as well, on Thursday nights - a 15k bike after work.  I'm trying to recruit some guys from work to go out, chiefly, my CEO - this way, leaving work a little early one day a month won't be quite so frowned upon!  Plus, we might have something else to read about in the flyer that comes with our paycheck besides the company bowling league.

Of course the season's A-race is IMAZ - but my early focus is on St. Anthony's Olympic. One of these years I'll kick ass that day - and this year just could be that day.

Hope to see some of ya'll out there -

6 comments:

ShirleyPerly said...

Great to hear this year is better for you & Di. Best of luck with all the events. FYI, Gator HIM is actually 3/20.

The Stretch Doc said...

Yahooo! Bigun'..!
Glad all is on the plan and things are rolln better for the u and Di.

Rockon'

Jenny Davidson said...

Very good!

Ryan said...

ready for a new post please!

Tribrit said...

How is St A's training going? Willing to lay bets on the swim/lack of swim/ shortened swim???? Never quite sure how hard to train for that part of the race. Tea will be in town and I know she and I are planning on meeting up with you and Di.

Unknown said...

I've been barren for so many years living without a child of mine. When I came in contact with Doctor Aluda and reach out to him, I actually make use of his herbal medicine. and it's indeed effective and powerful... I conceived few weeks after taking his natural herbs for 17 days as prescribed by him... And now I'm 3 weeks pregnant....so happy, reach him on whatsapp +2348145636867 or Email him on draludaharbalhome @gmail. com