Thursday, July 26, 2007

Sweetness

I'm still wrestling with this "what do I call Brian (not Myles...) instead of Sweet Baboo?" thing. So now I've got this song in my head:

Sweetness
Sweetness I was only joking when I said
I'd like to bash every tooth in your head....
Sweetness
Sweetness I was only joking when I said
By rights you should be bludgeoned in your bed...

I think that's how it goes...anyway - Sweetness could be a possibility - in that song's context it has a certain ring to it. A certain charm. The song rocks - it could be a frontrunner in the IPod - should I ever get one.
Man how I used to love The Smiths - I'm about due for a rehash of all that good ol' 80's crap!

Of course, it is his nickname - his Moniker - who am I to question it, right? It's just that - he changed it, abruptly, and it's going to take some getting used to. Sweet Baboo. Sweet Baboo. Sweet Baboo. Maybe if I say it over and over again, it will grow on me.

And I don't know where this whole "bet the Bigun for the 101 win" came from. He's about 210lbs....I'm about 240lbs....hmmm, a bit of a discrepancy there. He's racing Clyde 2, I'm racing Clyde 3 - but who am I to get all technical about 30 lbs? He's a "tri-toddler" where I'm still a "tri-infant" - but why get bent out of shape about race and training experience? Sure, if Sweetness wants to bully me into a friendly wager around the 101 race - by all means, I'm not going to shy away from a challenge. I'm a glutton for punishment in that regard - I bet Excel Man dinner on St. Anthony's and he weighs about a buck 70...soaking wet.

Jees, I remember wrestling 170lbs in the 6th grade.

13 comments:

Comm's said...

glutton...sweet...dinner...I have a sudden need for food.

bigmike600 said...

I guess we can call him whatever but you gotta admit the guy's got game. I've come to grips. If the man wants to be Sweet Baboo, then Sweet Baboo it is. You'll just be Bigun and I'll stay bigmike and you two will probably have one of the funnest weekends ever matching up in the 101 and then reliving it over and over.

Fe-lady said...

80s music! I have been listening to "Echo and the Bunnymen" lately....good stuff. Great memories!

S. Baboo said...

I've got you on my couch now!

Oly said...

I don't get the whole sweet Baboo thing either but who am I to judge.

Um, 80's I'm down w/ that. I was inspired by some Billy Idol yesterday.

Snarl! ...GRRRrr

bigmike600 said...

How about Stout Baboo?

Anonymous said...

I made it down to 168 just before St Anthony's. I'm back up to 172. Wanna bet dinner on the Great Florida Challenge? I'll probably be a little below 168 by then. :D

Andra Sue said...

LOVE The Smiths! Or at least I used to...I had all their stuff on TAPE. The album that Bigmouth Strikes Again came from was a classic for sure. Can't say I've listened to them much in the last 10 years though, except maybe the occasional song that shows up on my XM.

p.s. I think you should just let the Sweet Baboo thing go...it's getting a little weird. :P

ironshane said...

Bigun,

Gotta love the Smiths! I checked out your blog and saw lots of my favorite people (Tri-dog mom, momo just to name a couple) and found out you're doing CDA in 2008! Sweet - more friends to race with! Being that you're, you know, called "bigun", I'll try to avoid being around you in the swim, though. :)

Shane

the Dread Pirate Rackham said...

it says a lot about you that you recall the Smiths.

I don't need to go into detail. Everyone here already understands.

Unknown said...

sweet baboo? sweetness?

how about you just refer to him as: "My Man Crush"?

Di said...

one of the things I found extrordinarily sexy when I met Bigun, he knew who the smiths were. Not only did he know who they were but he actually knew ALL of the lyrics! Yowza!

Unknown said...

The Smiths!!! I loved them! and the Violent Femmes (wisconsin boys!), the Cure, Butthole Surfers, Jesus and Mary Chain, OMG I could go on and on and on. Kinda makes me want to go buy a BIG can of Aquanet and fix me up some mall bangs......
Every time you call him Sweetness, I start to hum the Superbowl shuffle song......