Saturday, March 21, 2009

Human Resources can kiss me right in the middle

What is this country coming to?

"I liked him in the interview, but his psych profile test that he did, well, he really scored low and we just didn't think he'd be a good fit...".

Crimeny! Hows that for a blow to the self esteem? A friggen on-line HR 350 question test that I somehow scored badly on, according to their criteria. But I aced the interview. You gotta be kidding me.

That was the Las Vegas deal. Seems like a big 'oh well' for that one. Now we still have the New Orleans thing going on. I think I did really well in that interview, but I also had to take a quick on-line personality test for that job. I'm scared to even think about it.... It hires by April 6th, so I've got time to agonize over this one too.

Personality tests. Crap! Am I doomed to flip burgers for the rest of my life? I pretty much suck on the grill - as anyone who's been over to the Bigun's for a cookout can attest to. Bad, Bad, very Bad. The only thing left is the guy who holds the stop sign at construction sites. I hope they don't require a personality test for one of those. How I got into West Point and somehow made it into Special Forces... I'll never know.

4 comments:

Ron said...

I wonder if those tests are made up by the same people that make up the Facebook surveys.

The Stretch Doc said...

so now will you tell me the Vegas connection..

Personality test? What.. did they not see the BIGUN.. the talk show co-host of the TacBoy 'n Bigun and the League of Triathletes!! WTF!

well theres always the guy on the corner of the intersections holding the advertising signs, I may look into that, so honk if you see me.

rockon`

Jamie said...

Ugh. That sucks Bigun. I feel your pain.

I went through three rounds of interviews with one company and they all went well, until they looked at their budget and realized not to fill the position at all. 2 weeks of an emotional roller coaster, WASTED.

Keep that chin up man!

Green Eyed Lady (aka GEL) said...

I owe you an apology, Bigun. I don't want you guys to move. I have not been sending good vibes your way. I will mend my ways.