Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Iron Week 23

A day late on my weekly update of all things Iron in the life of Bigun. Last week was a recovery week. An absorption week, as Greyhound so aptly puts it. Like a sponge, I sat around and did hardly a thing all week, absorbing all that good training I did over the prior 3 weeks and doing some "over-training avoidance".

Yesterday, on a 10 mile run, I felt like Sweetness beat my legs with bats and Tri-Dummy had jumped on my back - it was rough! Hopefully it was just me getting the cobwebs out.

In short, I swam once for 2k meters, biked twice for 25 miles each, and ran once for 6 miles. Just under 4.5 hrs of total training. Yay.

On a fun note, in case you haven't been to the land of the Big Bike lately, we did release our first episode of the Tacboy 'n Bigun Podcast. Today will mark it's first week in existence, and we should go over 100 total downloads, which is pretty darn cool. Episode 2 is in the works...I doubt this will ever turn into a weekly deal - but if we can put one out every 3 - 4 weeks, we'll be doing great. Thanks to everyone who's listened and given words of encouragement - and as far as my CdA peeps - everyone will get mentioned: that first go around was very disorganized. We promise to get a better take on our CdA update for the next show.

11 comments:

Fe-lady said...

Started listening one time...didn't have time to finish. Hopefully when I have to sit and write some reports soon, I will have you guys as a nice way to get through report writing! :-)

The (IRON) Clyde said...

Even though I'm not downloading it, I did stream the podcast to my desktop to listen to at work, so you can add a +1 to your total.

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Nice recovery. I really enjoyed the podcast and look forward to more to come.

TRI-ROB said...

Way to be disciplined during the recovery week! Those weeks are KEY to your success as the weeks start flying by!

The podcast is great! Shooting for one every 3 to 4 weeks would be great!

Breathe...

Yeti said...

Loved the pod cast Bigun. I took it on the run today. Looking forward to meeting you in Idaho.

That is if you arn't surrounded by all those groupie POD-Cast chicks with your new found stardom.

Now hurry up and make another pod-cast, I've got another run coming up.

Green Eyed Lady (aka GEL) said...

Can I join your fan club? :)

S. Baboo said...

Oh, sorry dude, I did come over to your place and beat your legs with a baseball bat...you are one heavy sleeper!

Does it count as a download if I just listened to in off your site on my PC? If not make that 101 listeners...great job on that pod-cast!

Afternoon Tea With Oranges said...

I loved the podcast!!! Oh...and I wanna be She-Ra. Do you remember her? He-man's sister. Do you remember He-Man? Or was that after your time?

Tri-Dummy said...

Taking a break....

I think that sounds like a good idea!

ShirleyPerly said...

Good for you on the recovery. Will give the podcast a listen. Must be nice that the grass is dormant.

Podium quest said...

Glad you're taking advantage of your recovery week. Enjoy.