Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Feel like a runner

I haven't posted any training charts or graphs lately...I just haven't been feeling it. I've been putting in the time, but without losing any weight or seemingly getting any faster.

So on today's 9 mile run, I decided that if I felt decent, I'd blow out the carburetor a little bit. It was a boost to the motivation to get some decent splits in for a change! With the exception of stopping for water in the middle of it, which I didn't really "need" but I just do for safety's sake, I was on track for a pretty nice 15k/9m run. For a 250 lb'er, ie the Bigun, that is.

I'm also posting my 16 mile long run route for this Sunday coming up...without a color printer, it's hard to show my trusty Sherpa where I may be should I have some unforeseen problems along the way. Of course, if someone wishes to join me, I promise to go really slow.

You can probably tell, I try very hard not to cover the same ground twice. And I also try hard not to get too close to the house once I start...too easy to quit that way.

13 comments:

Dan Seifring aka "OBRATS" said...

Bigun nice run and you were flying on that 6th mile dude.

Green Eyed Lady (aka GEL) said...

I'll ride along side of you on my bike to keep you on course! ;)

Podium quest said...

Looked like a great run. Keep up the great work. The weight will probably start
to come off with the base work.

Supalinds said...

Nice run. Good luck this weekend.

Charts are pretty!

ShirleyPerly said...

Good 15K training run and good luck this weekend! Smart planning.

Iron Krista, "The Dog Mom" said...

That looks like a fantastic Run!

SM said...

Nice run! Watch out for those hills! They seem like they are killer!

S. Baboo said...

Nice splits on the 15K! I tell you what, I'll "join" you for the 16 mile run this weekend. What time you takin' off?

The Stretch Doc said...

like da long run comin up.. your doin great for an older guy..HA!

rockon`

Yeti said...

Where you runnin like the peacock. Chest out. Head back. Waving like a prom queen?

SWTrigal said...

Awesome run. Gotta love those Garmins..they keep you honest..

Oly said...

I'd run with ya if I could.

Tarabay said...

I try to avoid the house on my long runs. Unfortunatly, I live in a small town and its not easy. What do you do for water? I have to make pit stops, at the park, moms house, The In-laws, a friends house, (if he's not home I'm using his water hose on the side of his house) The only problem and that everyone wants to stop and talk. If I'm not motivated Its an easy out... a few weeks back I stopped at a buddys, on a Sunday, while the Texans were playing, BBQ was cooking.. I didnt finish my run....