Friday, December 28, 2007

Holidays...Argh!

So I bail out of Tax Class early last night, at 7pm, to get a nice hour swim in, since the pool closes at 9pm. Right. I show up, all the lights are off outside in the pool area. The receptionist there is nearly asleep on the couch. "oh, they left at 6:30 today...no one was using the pool...I thought it was unusual...you should call next time".

What?

I was in the holiday spirit, so no rant in front of the hapless receptionist. I guess I just have to chalk it up to the holidays. Of course, the pool was closed for 3 days around Christmas. So here it is, Friday, and I'm still without a swim for the week. Thanks, BSAC (Brandon Sports and Aquatics Center). For $37 a month, I guess I get what I pay for, right?

I flatted twice on my return to biking yesterday. Welcome back, Bigun! Both were punctures, not pinch flats...and fortunately I had 2 CO2s, and a tube patch kit.

The new 305 Garmin works flawlessly! HR works all.the.time. No adjusting mid ride to get the strap to pick up the beat again. No disconnections. No signal losses. Hassle-free HR training. Who would have thought?

8 comments:

The Stretch Doc said...

glad you got updated to the 305, ol tymer`. its da Bomb!

hey as I went to the pool last night, funny thing. The same people that own yours must own mine, cuz dey waz closed too! Agrh!
so had to hit the 24hr fit pool.

keep with it..

rockon`

S. Baboo said...

Tough week! I guess you can chalk it up as a recovery week.

Rainmaker said...

Bummer - I know how ya feel. The pool near me decided to close for 7 days for some weird reason. Doh.

TRI-ROB said...

and God said, "The Big One will not swim. Yay... the Big One will flat twice. Who does this guy think he is anyway? Calling himself: "The Big One"?"...

I'm just sayin...

De Opresso Liber!

Tri-Dummy said...

You need to beat somebody for this.

I wouldn't take that crap if I were you.

SWTrigal said...

I would be so P.O.'d! Now the Garmin, that is heaven-I love mine-oh, except when it tells me I am running slower than I am :)

tri-mama said...

But think of the bright side, at least they didn't close the pool 400 yds in because someone left a baby ruth in the pool

Podium quest said...

Weight gain, pool closings, too cold to ride comfortably. If it wasn't for the
triathlon presents how would we ever get through it?