Sunday, June 10, 2007

Annual Sickness

I get this Annual cold. No matter what I do, I'm sick at least once a year, and it's usually a good one. The body rebelling or expelling - who knows. Fortunately its now behind me. Its Sunday, and I'm feeling "raring to go". This year it hit me pretty hard and at an inopportune time - the night before this last race. Those bed sweats were not nerves like I thought - just a good old fashioned fever. The second night, the night after the race, was even worse. Ug - lets hope all that is behind me.

I'm over-ready to start training again. All this racing has gotten in the way of a really good training cycle. I miss it. There are 20 some-odd weeks until the next A race - Woodlands 101. I've got plenty of time for a good Base cycle - it will be interesting to see what the heart rate is up to.

Thanks to everyone who gave me some comment love and well wishes on our Alcatraz trip - your thoughts were needed and well received. This really is a great community of folks and friends we've all built and joined - technology is a wonderful thing. Good luck to everyone who is racing today and yesterday - I'm looking forward to hearing of your accomplishments!

Side note - IMCdA is upon all of you heading out that way, and for those of us considering '08, decision time is here! I'm starting to wonder, financially, if IMFL'08 would not be better for the Bigun, since I can drive and not have to pay for air fare and bike shipping. Career changes are starting to grip the wallet a bit. I don't know. This will be a tough decision.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad your feeling better.

Spokane Al said...

Then again it could have been too much San Francisco chocolate.

bigmike600 said...

Nice to hear that your sickness is gone. I always know when I get a fever because I sweat the bed like no other. Almost need to throw the sheets and pillows in the trash. Then the fever breaks and I am back to normal. Thanks for the swim tips. I really am struggling right now with the swim. I just can't seem to get the rhythm down. I am sure it just takes time. Good Luck on the training. Thanks for the great story from Alcatraz.

Born To Endure said...

IMFLA sounds like a great choice for you, but I've done IMCDA and FLA, i'd chose FLA over IMCDA anyday..well good luck with your decision!

Wrenched Photography said...

Glad your feeling better. Next time dont swallow too much bay water

Anonymous said...

Glad you feel better. Be careful. There's some chronic fatigue syndrome that infects endurance athletes when they race or train hard with a fever. It can last for years.

Just 3 questions for you now that you feel better: Train? Why do you need to train? Don't you have like 260 races scheduled this year? ;^)

Green Eyed Lady (aka GEL) said...

Dear poster child, I'm glad you're feeling better. Staying closer to home means you will have more friends on hand to cheer you on - not such a tough decision after all. Oh wait, do those races start at 7am???

Oly said...

Venue change, we needs to talk!

DV said...

sickness out...
training in...

time to get 'er movin...

tri-mama said...

If you did IMFL'08 then 101 Halifax would be a lovely warm up race. :-) Like I said, that's just a short drive up the coast too.

Comm's said...

Same thing happens to me at least once and usually twice a year. Real dooseys.

Glad your feeling better.