Sunday, May 18, 2008

Ironweek 6

Good grief...it's been a while since I've posted an Ironweek report. Probably because I've not been pleased with the way training is going. No change for that this week either.

Swim: not as far as I'd have liked. 2x in the pool, 2k and 3k - woop-tee-do!

Bike: got in an early week century which was cool. Then I busted my chain, and my knee, which made the weekend really blow. 123 miles total. Not great, but I did get the long one done. Check.

Run: Crap. 2x on the road. 6 miles and 11 miles. A psudo long run. Made the most of my banged up knee, and probalby shouldn't have run as far as I did.

Total training time: 12 hrs.

It is what it is. Will I tear up CdA? Not likely. Will I finish? Damn skippy. Will we have a blast with all our bloggy peeps? You betcha.

I've extended my training cycle one week in order to attempt a 15+ training hour week so that I feel at least somewhat worthy of being ready to do this event. At least no one can accuse me of being overtrained for this puppy!

7 comments:

IronTriTim said...

Theres is no doubt you will finish. Keep up the training, and hope the knee feels better.

Mike said...

Where the heck did those weeks go??? :) haha ... good luck with the run-in.

Taconite Boy said...

Im disappointed you didnt over train this week. Tac holds you up to high overtraining standard.

:(

Kevin said...

Hope your knee is feeling better. Keep training hard and you'll rock CdA

Anonymous said...

Hey Dude - I have "twitter-worthy" news. A real shocker. Jenny D, Brent Buckner and Excel Man dominated Craig Alexander at FL 70.3. :^0

Shoot for 16 hours. u can do it.

Supalinds said...

We had identical weeks, at least in the total of 12...we're cool like that!!!

TRI-ROB said...

Hey Bud... you were ready weeks ago. Can't WAIT to be a part of your race!

Breathe...